Is your website mobile-friendly?
About responsive web design
Responsive web design is a flexible foundation and fluid grid system that adapts your website to mobile devices and desktop computers. Technically, it’s a setup where the server always sends the same HTML code to all devices and CSS is used to alter the rendering of the page on the device. Having a responsive website means your web site has a mobile-friendly web design, and that means your customers can access your business and products from wherever they are.
Does my website need a responsive design?
Technically no. But, if you want to compete in today’s mobile marketplace, then yes, it does. Google recommends all websites have a responsive design because it:
• Makes it easier for users to view, share and link to your content with a single URL.
• Helps Google’s algorithms accurately assign indexing properties.
• Requires less time to maintain multiple pages for the same content.
• Reduces the possibility of the common mistakes that affect mobile sites.
• Reduces load time because it requires no redirection for users to have a device-optimized view.
• Saves resources when Googlebot crawls your site. For responsive web design pages, a single Googlebot user agent only needs to crawl your page once, rather than crawling multiple times with different Googlebot user agents to retrieve all versions of the content. This improvement in crawling efficiency can indirectly help Google index more of your site’s content and keep it appropriately fresh.
The next step is to determine whether or not your site is mobile-ready and what percentage of your website’s visitors are accessing your site from a mobile device. If your NH website isn’t mobile-friendly, it’s probably time to consider the benefits. The reality is that the majority of users coming to your site are likely to be using a mobile device, so you should make sure your website is able to easily show them the content they’re looking for. Take the mobile-friendly test below, then contact us for a free consultation to discuss options for NH mobile-friendly web design.
If you don’t know if your website is mobile-friendly, take Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test now:
- Which Shopify Apps Can Help You Sell Subscription Products? - January 16, 2021
- 6 Ways to Build a Visual Product Customizer in Shopify - January 4, 2021
- How to Build and Configure a Chatbot For Your Shopify Store - December 16, 2020